Thursday, May 21, 2009

DayCare day(night)mares

My son started his day care this week - he is 34 months and today is his second day and I am contemplating for the 7568th time why I am working and not quitting.
I am sure these are some of the worst times and decisions parents have to make - I still cant think of a harder decision I have had to take in my life than to decide to go back to work. I have been working for the past 2 years. These times have been great with my son quickly settling down with a friend who runs ahome daycare and then with his grandparents.
now they are going back to india and my son also in his preschool years, we want him to be in a more disciplined setting.
I am worried to death about his new daycare - I had good reviews about this day care from a friend, its just my lil one's crying when I drop him off that has me unable to concentrate at work.
I AM STILL CONTEMPLATING ABOUT GOING TO WORK.
I read all these mommy blogs and stay at home moms and I am JEALOUS!!!
My kid is so happy with me - should I stay home?
Will this improve in a week's time or I will still feel bad???

How I wish my story was similar to this one 55 word fiction called Trust: http://jottingsnmusings.wordpress.com/2009/04/22/55-fiction/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hugs V! I am a fish out of water in this mommy world, so no advice for you... but I really wish you find *your* best solution, that works for you, soon!