Friday, December 12, 2008

Date-Out

I usually pack lunches for my husband and myself everyday - yesterday he didnt want lunch because he was going out for an informal team lunch - I was lazy to pack for myself and thought I'd eat out as well. I felt like joining him for lunch, he asked once to join as well. but I was not sure it was appropriate to go with his team. so I said no and he didnt push. then he calls around lunch time and tells me he his friends ditched him and he wanted to have lunch with me, I was laughing stealthily, but he knew from my voice I was glad about that. So off we went to this nice restaurant, just the 2 of us and we had a nice lunch - And end of the lunch, we were chatting away for about 10 mins and I realised I felt like I should tell him his virtues and how much sweet he is and all that. So, I told him that he has been very sweet and very loving and understanding and let me do what I like to do and want to do, no sort of pressure from him in any way - to this he tells me its nice to hear and that he should take me to lunches often. And then I could not stop myself telling him what I didnt like about him - he is shallow or at least seems so - he is not a good talker, but a good listener and understands me very well. So, I pretty much dont get anything in response to my serious talks, except that he loved me and will do anything to comfort me. Why I say shallow is that when it comes to family crisis, everybody talks and shouts and rants - but all he can come up with is an escapy smile and no strong gestures. he is not a strong personality - nothing wrong about it , except in times of problems, when it seems like he doesnt care, while actually he doesnt know how to react.....
And then I ask him, what he doesnt like about me, he says I am very judgemental and evaluating - I know this was coming. I know I am and sometimes can get mean - but thats what I am. He also said, I was not doing it to him lately, also attributed that to our spending less time together. I made a note to myself to not to evaluate him any more...

2 comments:

Indian Home Maker said...

Welcome to the blogosphere :) Congratulations on your new blog :)
This was such a sweet post, can easily relate to it ... I guess if we appreciate what we do like and say nothing much about what we don't we will automatically reinforce whatever we like ...

Out Of My Shell said...

Thanks for being the first one to comment in my blog and choosing to follow - seems like an encouragement for me to speak out!