Wednesday, December 17, 2008

How would our lives be without friends ...... MISERABLE!!

I have this very sensitive friend who sees everything in black and white - she is sweet and warm in her own unique way. All of us have flaws and hers is to expect everything to be perfect - I remember the days one of our friends made a mistake and to get this friend to accept the apology or accept the mistake was a hard task. The problem is she cannot understand that it is ok for people to do things that they can't reason, that people dont intentionally hurt her and sometimes she has to ignore what people say to her. Most of the time, she ends up with confrontations, because she reacts to people that dont know how to talk/behave. She has been a long-time friend to me and it has taken sometime for me to understand the sweet person in her that is behind the crude exterior.
All was going well until she got married. Her inlaws are sweet people and the first few years of marriage was heaven - she was the happiest person in the world. Slowly, she started victimizing herself to the very rare loose-talks of her in-laws and imagined insults. The timing of this is very bad, because this is compounded by another temporary health/personal problem.
Over the years, we have become strong support system to each other, inspite of the distance between the places where we live in. I am thinking she is over-sensitive and over-reactive at times and this may be ruining her otherwise peaceful relationship with her family - I am myself not a great pro in handling family situations, but I think she can do something to help her ship from sinking. I keep telling her not to over-react and that she can call me any time and lament as much as she wants and get it over with.
Lately, we have both been talking more frequently and always one of us is ranting/lamenting .... how miserable we are....but even more without each other.

1 comment:

Indian Home Maker said...

This post was so easy to relate to!

I have seen people making themselves miserable because they see everything in black or white ... I always feel the one magic mantra to make any relationship work is TOLERANCE. We expect perfection and we make ourselves very unhappy ...